Our Stay Safe Guidelines
As we look forward to inviting you back to Woodstock, Vermont and our beloved resort, we want to share with you our protocols that are intended to support a cleaner and healthier environment for our guests, employees, and community. It is our priority to make sure your well-being is safeguarded.
We are following guidelines from the American Hotel & Lodging Association's (ALHA) Safe Stay initiative which is designed to change hotel industry norms, behaviors and standards to ensure both hotel guests and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of hotels. In addition, we have adopted the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (cdc.org) protocol and we will be implementing additional steps provided by the State of Vermont’s RestartVT Task Force.
The following best practices have been implemented:
- Enhanced cleaning standards throughout the hotel, including guest rooms, restaurants, meeting spaces, common areas, and back-of-house spaces.
- Superior cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria-killing ingredients, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Social distancing practices and reducing person-to-person contact.
- Increased transparency throughout the guest journey.
Employee & Guest Health
- Hand Washing & Sanitizer – We will provide additional access to handwashing and hand sanitizer throughout the resort.
- Front and Back of the House Signage – The resort will post signs for guest and employees indicating health & hygiene reminders, directions for higher traffic areas, and physical distancing service/waiting zones.
- Daily Employee temperature checkpoint and questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking.
- Any employee with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater will not be permitted on property.
- All employees will be required to receive COVID-19 safety and facilities sanitation protocols training.
- Any employee that answers yes to the questions related to COVID-19 will be asked to leave the resort property to seek medical attention.
- All employees will be asked to stay home if they feel sick.
- All employees will be required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as regulated by the federal and state governments with appropriate training for use and disposal. See OSHA for more information.
- Guests will receive a questionnaire related to COVID-19 tracking 24 hours in advance of arrival. If the guest answers yes to any part of the questionnaire, they will not be allowed on the resort property. If the guest does not answer before they arrive, these questions will be asked at arrival.
- Guests are asked to take a temperature check upon arrival at a self-use and hands-free station at the entrance.
- Any guest with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, will be asked to leave the property and cannot check-in.
- Guests are asked to wear a face mask in all public areas.
- Guests and Employees are asked to respect the physical distancing guidelines by staying 6 feet away from people that are not from their households.
Cleaning Products & Protocols
The resort has taken enhanced measures to ensure a cleaner and safer environment for everyone.
Public Spaces & Communal Areas
- Cleaning and Disinfecting will be frequent with an emphasis on non-porous higher contact areas including, but not limited to, arrival check in areas, elevator buttons, doors and door handles, public bathrooms, vending machines, ice machines, room keys and locks, stair handrails, Athletic Club and recreational equipment, pool seating and surrounding areas, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
- We have acquired Electrostatic sprayers to disinfect large areas
- We have acquired Electrostatic sprayers to disinfect the entire guest room before use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- There will be no in-room housekeeping during your stay, but guest may request extra towels, sheets, amenities, etc. for door side delivery.
- Paper cups will be supplied.
Food & Beverage
- Reduce in-person contact with guests.
- We will open initially with a Grab-n-Go service.
- We will have modified restaurant service once the state opens indoor service.
- Room service will be delivered to the guest room door for guest to take inside.
- All Food & Beverage staff will be required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Cough and Sneeze guards will be present at all food displays.
- Seating with appropriate spacing will be available in multiple areas throughout the Inn.
- All higher touch areas will be frequently disinfected.
Back of House
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all higher touch areas shall occur in accordance with CDC guidelines, including at least twice per day in higher traffic areas.
- Handwashing stations and access to hand sanitizer will be convenient and highly visible.
- Shared tools and equipment shall be disinfected after each shift or transfer to a new employee.
- Linens, towels, and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including washing items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Where possible, launder items using the warmest permissible water setting for the items and dry items completely. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue. Such areas will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing, and where possible, we will encourage one-way guest flow with marked entrances and exits. When applicable, lobby furniture and other public seating areas will be reconfigured to promote social distancing.
Physical Distancing Throughout Areas of the Resort
- No Valet Parking in First Phase of opening.
- Bell Service is optional.
- We are providing a Check-In App for guest to download that will provide a keyless entry to your guest room.
- A texting service will also be provided so you can make requests at any time.
- Guest Service Ambassadors will be available in the lobby to answer any questions regarding maintaining physical distancing.
- Housekeeping staff will not enter the guest room for cleaning during the first phase of opening.
- Housekeeping will provide door side delivery of clean linens, towels, and amenities.
- Meeting and banquet arrangements shall allow for physical distancing between guests based on CDC recommendations.
- Seating shall allow at least six feet of separation between groups of guests.
- Upon Spa opening, we will be following the International Spa Association (iSPA) guidelines. Learn More.
- We have adopted the guidelines from PGA of America and Vermont Golf Association for safety and cleanliness around the Club and on the course. Learn More.